Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Finished Furniture Finds...before & after.

Remember these from a few posts ago?


If not...
 you can read all about these furniture finds HERE


If you want to check out the before & afters...keep reading.



 When painting a group of furniture together
I keep my color palette simple for two reasons...

#1. it makes a really nice presentation when I put it all together in my shop
#2. simple color is what sells best!

I know, I know...
sometimes I want to go crazy with color...and I do at times.
Though if I want it to move...
do a good job & keep it simple!

This time around 
Chalk Paint Aubusson Blue
Maison Blanche Wrought Iron
home made turquoise & cream chalk paint



Love this leather topped table and child's chair
I painted the table, added my favorite stencil
waxed the top

Easy Peasy


These chairs are so sturdy!


The harlequin chair is painted as a companion to this desk.


Mid century desk...brought back from Japan in the 50's
given to me by its owner (my next door neighbor)
sat on my carport for a year and a half
collecting junk...
and finally got painted!

Truth be told...I needed a desk to go with the chair!
I love how it turned out!


Remember this little $10 find?


Painted inside and out
Aubusson Blue undercoat
homemade creamy white overcoat
a soft blue (I had on hand from another project) on the front
clear wax to finish it off
(my sweetheart Jim is awesome at buffing out the wax)

I was thinking it would be a nice little
beach cottage addition.




Didn't have to do much to this one...
the detail was there and did all the work!

I mixed up a homemade turquoise chalk paint
slapped it on (really, love those messy brush strokes)
sanded & aged the original painted finish on top
then sanded the turquoise to bring out that same orangy color...


waxed it twice...
once with clear
lastly with a slightly darker wax to bring out the design details



 I just picked these up for $20. for the pair
painted a turquoise undercoat
creamy white overcoat
and recovered the seats with 
a large piece of check fabric I got for $1.95...
with more to spare!




So that's it...
It rained most of last week
making painting a challenge...
but I needed to get things moving 
out of my house and into my shop

Cerro Home
at 
Leaping Lotus

I have photos of that too...though will post them this weekend
once I go in tomorrow and tweak the shop
and the photos.

Hope you enjoyed seeing what I've been up to.

Thanks for stopping by.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and reading my blog. I enjoy and appreciate your comments and ideas...it also let's me know I'm not out here in Blogland all alone!

Thank you for visiting my blog.....

Thank you for visiting my blog.....
I invite you to talk back by commenting!